If you are interested in Construction, Electrician, or Manufacturing this message is for you! York County Alliance for Learning (YCAL) has fantastic pre-apprenticeship opportunities. Registration is now open for next year for these three programs! Please see the three options below.
- Need to be a current junior (senior student next year) to participate in the Kinsley pre-apprenticeship.
- Spots are very limited. You must be willing to attend all sessions and put forth maximum effort to participate in these opportunities.
- The Electrician Pre-Apprenticeship has two cohorts, one in the fall and one in winter. You can pick the one that best fits your schedule.
If you are interested, apply ASAP. You will need a letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor to be emailed to Mr. Fake (email@example.com) so he can send it to YCAL.
Stay up to date with events, trainings, jobs and more at pacareerlink.pa.gov.
Email Mackenzie Stahl at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about services or for more information on referrals and enrollments. You can also connect with someone by completing this Google Form.
Check out their site for information on this youth workforce development program.
SkillUp™ PA was launched to provide Pennsylvania residents with free, online job skills training. The Metrix Learning Portal courses can be accessed by registering for a free account on the PA CareerLink® website.
What is Job Corps
Job Corps provides free career training and education for 16- through 24-year-olds. We have over 120 campuses across the U.S. where students gain the experience needed to begin a career or apprenticeship, advance to higher education, or join the military. The best part? It’s free.
Who is Eligible
Low-income 16- through 24-year-olds who are U.S. citizens, legal U.S. residents, or residents of a U.S. territory, and/or individuals who are authorized to work in the United States.
You may NOT be eligible for Job Corps if you:
- Use drugs illegally under federal law
- Exhibit behavioral problems that could prevent you or others from success in Job Corps
- Have certain criminal convictions or require court supervision
How Do I Enroll
The first step in enrolling at Job Corps begins by filling out the MyJobCorps Express Interest Tool or speaking to an admissions counselor by calling (800) 733-JOBS or (800) 733-5627 today!